.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2005-12-06

 

Apple Aperture

There was an article in the ArsTechnica about Apple Aperture. Not very good product from the author's point of view. And I was a little disappointed. But in the same time I had some feeling that the author paid just a little attention to the main benefit of Aperture - reviewing and selecting - the way no other software can.

And then I read a comment on the Slashdot with two key sentences:

I totally agree with the commenter from Slashdot. Can't help waiting to get Aperture.

By the way, there are limitations to RAM amount for running Aperture. There is a trick to avoid them:
open the file info.plist (on the Aperture.app bundle)

<key>AELMinimumRAMSize</key>
<string>1000</string>
to
<key>AELMinimumRAMSize</key>
<string>700</string>

You can use your amount of RAM instead of 700 mentioned above.

Comments:
Indeed Aperture is very nice. I only got it last week and I'm already impressed by its fluidity and speed. It offers a ton of advanced options in a real easy and simple interface. I won't ever need to import pictures with iphoto, and I only ever use Photoshop for montage because Aperture does the job really well. Well done Apple.
 
bonus, thanks for your comment!
I think that Aperture needs a lot of improvements (as well as Apple Motion). But currently it's a great product.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?